Saturday, June 7, 2014

Last day in Catembe

We only had two nights on the paradise of a beach as tomorrow we take the ferry back over to the mainland to explore the city from a backpackers lodge there. The history nerd in me already has us tagging along on two historical walking tours of the city where I am hoping to learn some new things to add to to the courses I teach at the university, but we are planning on having a lot do fun exploring things on our own as well and trying to get by with my very limited Portuguese...Bon Dia! Today we were 100% beach bums...we walked up the coast one way collecting shells and laying in the sand, then walked up the coast the other way saving sea urchins and other creatures that had washed up on to the shore. We came back to the lodge for a home cooked meal of salad, sweet corn, cassava, garlic a bread with herbs from the garden and for my love some Stewed beef! What a relaxing say before heading off on the ferry to the city in the late afternoon. I will try to upload more pics as the Internet allows but it is a bit slow!

No comments:

Post a Comment